audio/sox bump to 14.3.0 request

Charlie Kester corky1951 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 11 03:10:46 UTC 2009

On Thu 10 Sep 2009 at 19:01:23 PDT Glen Barber wrote:
>On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:01:00 -0400, Peter Beckman
><beckman at angryox.com> wrote:
>>I'll work on learning how to build the package so I can submit a
>>diff rather than a request.
>
>The Porter's Handbook is a good place to start:
>
>	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/
>
>The Handbook recommends the ports-mgmt/porttools port.  I personally
>suggest the ports-mgmt/genplist port as well.

I would also recommend installing the ports-mgmt/tinderbox port as well.
Some of my first few patches were bounced back by the committers because
of build problems that were masked by software that was installed on my
machine but not called out as a dependency in the port Makefile.  I
learned to always test the port in a tinderbox jail before submitting a
PR with the patch.  There should not be any error logs generated, but
you should also check the build logs to verify that everything your port
installs gets deinstalled in the deinstall phase.