devel/9base v2 upgrade to v4

Jason J. Hellenthal jasonh at DataIX.net
Fri Sep 11 01:32:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 04:24 -0000, sbrabez wrote:

> Hi Jason
>
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Jason J. Hellenthal <jasonh at dataix.net> wrote:
>>
>> Would it be possible to fit in 9base-4 before the ports freeze. I am
>> planning on going off air within the next couple of weeks and this is my
>> preferred window manager and the provided with 9base-4 read command sure
>> would come in handy.
>>
>> http://dl.suckless.org/tools/9base-4.tar.gz
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> --
>>
>>  |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>>
>>  Jason J. Hellenthal
>>  http://www.DataIX.net/
>>  jasonh at DataIX.net
>>  0x691411AC
>>
>>  - (2^(N-1))
>>

> I prefer wait the port freeze of 14 September to update devel/9base but as you
> need it. I attached a unified diff which allow you to compile and install the
> new version 9base-4 released the 2009/09/27.
>
> As you could see, It needs lot of changes because lot of new binaries are now
> in plan9port distribution. That's why I want to wait the port freeze to
> correct handle them.
>
> Regards

Thank you very much, This is much appreciated.

As a workaround I have been just doing a local compile of 9lib and read then
just copying the resulting read static binary to local/9/bin. Though this has
provided temporary fixes its a pretty tedious process.

Curious question:

Have you noticed any weirdness the user environment whether it be in X or on the
console while the fdescfs module is loaded ?. I have had some impacts with this
being loaded in the past that I can not really explain and has deterred me from
wanting to use the environment with that module loaded. I have noticed this
happening since 6.1 through 7.2-STABLE and not specific to just the wmii port.

Best regards. And thanks again.

  Jason J. Hellenthal
  http://www.DataIX.net/
  jasonh at DataIX.net