Creating a New Port: /usr/ports/security/pecl-kadm5

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 01:01:10 UTC 2009

Hi.

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:36:25 -0400, Tim Gustafson <tjg at soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:

> I'm trying to create a new port.  To get myself started, I copied
> pecl-hash and then modified the Makefile and the distinfo file.  When I
> try to make my port, it downloads the file from the PECL repository,
> extracts it, runs configure and then starts compiling, but in the end I
> get a bunch of errors from cc about undefined constants:

[snip]

> So, my first question is: How can I tell my port to patch
> work/kadm5-0.2.3/kadm5.c with the needed line above?

You will want to create a '-patch' line in the Makefile.  See the
following as a reference:

	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/slow-patch.html

> My second question is: Is there a "proper way" to hack the needed values
> into kadm5_err.h?  Should I make a new .h file and include it as part of
> the port only?

You can create a ${PORTNAME}/files directory containing the file(s) you
need, specific to your port and FreeBSD.

See the following link for more information:

	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/install.html

> And last but not least:
>
> After I manually patched the kadm5.c file and hacked the missing
> declarations into kadm5_err.h, I get a different set of errors:

[snip]

Sorry.  There are lots of experienced folks who can help with C errors.
I, unfortunately, am not one of them.

You may want to bookmark this, as well:

	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/

Cheers,