amavisd-new crashing

Eric Sheesley esheesle at shadowlair.com
Thu Sep 10 18:06:36 UTC 2009

For the past week or so I've had 2-3 different emails that, as they
are attempting to be delivered end up crashing amavisd-new(just one
instance, not the whole daemon) leading the the "error:  queue file
write error" from postfix.  Both messages appear to have been 8bitmime
encoded from a quick glance, but no other common points.  These emails
will continually crash amavis every 15 minutes as the servers attempt
delivery.  I've used portmanager to rebuild amavis and all
dependencies with no change.  Any ideas on what could be wrong?