/lib/libz.so version bump prevents java/jdk1* from upgrading

Carlos A. M. dos Santos unixmania at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:45:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Alexander
Best<alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de> wrote:

> it would be nice to have a note in UPDATING on how to rebuild an installed
> java/jdk1* under >= 8. since java/jdk1* requires an installed java environment
> in order to build it fails due to the version bump of /lib/libz.so.4 to
> /lib/libz.so.5

I agree.

> to be able to rebuild any installed java/jdk1* one needs to install
> misc/compat7x. after installation of java/jdk1* finishes misc/compat7x can
> safely be deleted (if it's not required by any other port).

The compat7x package is not required because libmap.conf does the job. Look at

   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2009-July/056123.html

--
My preferred quotation of Robert Louis Stevenson is "You cannot
make an omelette without breaking eggs". Not because I like the