portmaster is not always recursive

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 7 21:20:53 UTC 2009

Miroslav Lachman wrote:

> I know about -f, but it "always" forces update of dependencies. I mean
> something "inteligent" to do update of intermediate dependencies only in
> case when some bottom dependency will be updated.

I'm not sure that I'm following exactly what you're asking for there,
but I think that there is a trade-off on trying to make dependency
tracking too complicated vs. simply using -a. If there are things you
don't want updated with -a there are options like -i and +IGNOREME
files to solve those problems. Take a look at the man page for more
information.

Doug