[Call For Testing] VirtualBox for FreeBSD! take 6

Bernhard Fröhlich decke at bluelife.at
Mon Sep 7 19:56:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, September 7, 2009 7:48 pm, Olivier Smedts wrote:
> 2009/9/7 Bernhard Fröhlich <decke at bluelife.at>:
>> On Mon, September 7, 2009 7:41 am, Danny Braniss wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> hi, the above was my question, which was totally ignored, not nice.
>>> I will try and refrase it:
>>> the call for testing is for a version (2.2.51r20457) which is not
>>> available, while
>>> the ports is 3.0.51r22226, so while I managed to compile it, it
>>> complains
>>> that COM
>>> is not running, all this under 8BETA-3, both under 32 and 64 bit.
>>
>> I'll try to be nice but it is still unclear to me what you want. The
>> file
>> is available on all 4 master sites that are listed in the ports
>> Makefile.
>>
>> The virtualbox port is still in heavy development so it is strongly
>> recommended that you use the latest version that is in the ports. If
>> that
>> also does not work you could give our svn version a try but be careful
>> with it because it can break in strange ways or destroy your virtual
>> machines.
>>
>> svn co
>> http://svn.bluelife.at/projects/packages/blueports/emulators/virtualbox/
>
> Wow... the SVN version works great for me with VT extensions ! I just
> tried a 64 bits 2 processors guest :)
>
> Thanks !

According to Alexander Eichner VT-x should work now with the latest vbox
code. So everybody who is using our svn port should already have working
VT-x. We plan to update the virtualbox port in the next few days to get
that version in the tree before the ports freeze.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/