MySQL cluster FreeBSD port

Mark Powell M.S.Powell at salford.ac.uk
Fri Oct 30 13:04:04 UTC 2009

Hi,
   Thanks for your work maintaining the FreeBSD mysql ports.
   I'm trying to setup MySQL cluster. I 1st tried your
databases/mysql51-server v5.1.39 port with WITH_NDB=1. That kinda gets ndb
support, but it seems a bit dated. It seems this has something to do with
MySQL cluster being split out of MySQL proper. Strange that some NDB code
still remains.
   I tried manually building the cluster proper:

http://downloads.mysql.com/archives/mysql-cluster-gpl-7.0/mysql-cluster-gpl-7.0.7.tar.gz

That seems to get a version with the latest cluster:

5.1.35-ndb-7.0.7

   Strange again that the mysql version in there is older than the latest.
This MySQL versioning is confusing.
   I'm still testing this, but was wondering about a port for MySQL
cluster. Is this something you've experimented with? Or has no port been
made due to cluster not working properly on FreeBSD?
   Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information & Learning Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,