FreeBSD Port: qtcreator-1.2.1: Not installable

Adrian Glaubitz adrian.glaubitz at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 28 20:27:33 UTC 2009

Hi Konstantin,

2009/10/28 Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru>:
>  Do you really need Qt Creator IDE as dependency? I guess you need install qt4-qui-4.5.2 package, it will download qt4-core, qt4-qmake, qt4-uic, qt4-moc, qt4-rcc. If your software needs more Qt libraries than just Core and Gui, install whole qt4-4.5.2, it will install all mentioned packages plus all Qt libraries
>  That's FreeBSD user-friendly :-)

Well, no, you don't really need qtcreator as a dependency (at least
when you don't want to modify the code yourself but just build it).
The idea for requiring qtcreator for building the code in the manual
was to make sure all necessary qt4 build-dependencies for
qhimdtransfer would be installed. qtcreator dependes on qt4-qmake and
qt4-uic for example which are not installed automatically when I
install "qt4" from ports.

I will try to build linux-minidisc on FreeBSD with qt4-qui-4.5.2, if
that works I can drop the requirements for qtcreator.

Thanks alot !

Adrian