TomTom GPS

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Tue Oct 13 08:34:11 UTC 2009

Hi,
Reference:

David Wolfskill wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 02:47:02PM -0400, carmel_ny wrote:
> > I have three TomTom GPS's. Presently, I am forced to use Windows to
> > manage/update them. I just noticed that TomTom has a Linux version
> > available - <http://www.tomtom.com/page.php?Page=3Dgpl#top > that would
> > be useful if it was ported to FreeBSD. I am not proficient enough in
> > programming to do the job; however, perhaps someone else might like
> > to take a try at it.
>
> I've been maintaining the astro/gpsman port; you might want to contact
> that port's author (Miguel Filgueiras <mig at ncc.up.pt>) to see if he'd be
> interested.
>
> GPSman is written in tcl/Tk, FWIW.  It currently supports Garmin &
> Lowrance GPSen.

I added cc Miguel F. & restored cc carmel_ny

What models do you have (original poster carmel_ny <carmel_ny at hotmail.com>) ?
I jhs at berklix.com have TomTom One & TomTom 700.
mount -t msdosfs works, but I've not tried manipulating things.
I could a co-operate with Miguel F on debug probes etc if he wants
( though I dont want to wipe & destroy my GPS, theyre too useful :-)

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com