ion windows manager on FreeBSD

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Wed Oct 7 19:17:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 01:25:35PM -0300, Carlos A. M. dos Santos wrote:

> You can fork the code, rename it, whathever, but you can NOT change
> the license without explicit permission from the original copyright
> owner. That would be legally considered theft!

Incorrect.  It would be legally considered copyright infringement.
Copyright law is not property law, and both different laws *and*
different terms apply.  "Theft" is not a term legally applied to
copyright infringement -- at least, in any jurisdiction of which I'm even
vaguely aware of the state of copyright law.

"That would be legally considered copyright infringement!"

There.  I fixed it for you.