FreeBSD Port: ocaml-3.11

Stanislav Sedov stas at deglitch.com
Wed Oct 7 15:04:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 23:04:11 +0200
"Boris Hollas" <boris.hollas at gmx.de> mentioned:

> Hello,
>
> I discovered a strange problem with the FreeBSD port of OCaml.
> Frama-C/Jessie is a formal verification framework for C code, written in
> OCaml. The Beryllium distribution [1] compiles on OpenBSD, NetBSD, and
> Linux, but not on FreeBSD. On FreeBSD 7.2, I tried OCaml 3.11.0 as well as
> OCaml 3.11.1 [2]. However, I was able to compile [1] with OCaml 3.11.1 on
> Debian testing. On both platforms, I used ./configure && make (gmake on
> FreeBSD). Any ideas?

Hi, Boris!

I've been able to successfully build this app on FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE
with ocaml-3.11.1.  I suspect there's some configuration problem on
your side.  Please, note, that configure script for this program is
poorly written and requires bash to run.  So the configure string
for you should probably looks like this:
env MAKE=gmake bash ./configure CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"

It also requires gmake to build.

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE