random fetch location

Guoqin Ren renguoqin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 01:56:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

 Maybe it's a naive question.  When I install a package from ports, it
often needs to fetch some files. But sometimes it takes a long time
before finding an available server to fetch. I also notice that  it will
try the locations/urls one by one, however the order doesn't change
(correct me if I'm wrong).  So the very first server on the list will
get a lot of traffic since everyone will fetch the files from it.  Is
there any way to let it randomly pick a url from the list to evenly
distribute the traffic among all the servers?

Cheers,

Guoqin Ren