FreeBSD Port: hplip-3.9.8

Douglas Thrift douglas at douglasthrift.net
Fri Oct 2 23:39:17 UTC 2009

Hello,

I recently installed hplip as I got a new HP printer supported by it.
While installing the printer I noticed that the drivers were not showing
up in the CUPS web interface. I solved this by adding a symlink to
/usr/local/share/ppd under /usr/local/share/cups/model.

I was looking at the hpijs port because it didn't seem to have this
problem and I noticed that in its pkg-plist
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/print/hpijs/pkg-plist?rev=1.7)
it makes a similar symlink just as I did for hplip.

Would it be possible to fix the hplip port to have similar behavior?

Thanks!
--
Douglas William Thrift
<douglas at douglasthrift.net>