google sketchup for freebsd seems to be an amd64 challenge -wine/i386 issues

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Fri Oct 2 11:13:03 UTC 2009

Hi

I have been looking at the possibility of running sketchup on a freebsd 7.2-p3
system. One solution would to run it under wine which is the way linux tackles
the problem. However the emulators/wine currently only compiles for i386.

Can anyone solve this challenge. In any case it would be good to have wine
available in the ports tree for amd64 as well as i386.

I am sure there used to be an i386 emulator for amd64 but maybe I am imagining
things!

Maybe there are alternative solutions.

Thanks in advance for your comments

David