resurrecting ion3 port

Gary Jennejohn gary.jennejohn at freenet.de
Thu Oct 1 12:43:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 15:25:49 +0400
Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> The ion3 window manager was previously removed from the ports tree
> becase of license issues. However, the clauses that causes this
> were removed (see [1]), so I think we should add it back. I've
> prepared updated version of the port ([2]), but I wanted to check
> with you, since azhe was who removed the port and adamw maintained
> it. Are there any objections against this port? adamw can also take
> maintainership if he feels like so, or I'll maintain it myself.
>
> [1] http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/ion-general/2009-September/002520.html
> [2] http://people.freebsd.org/~amdmi3/ion3.tar

Note: removed adamw@ and ahze@ from Cc - they don't don't need my help.

With the standard IANAL disclaimer, it looks to me like the point in the
Copyright where he clarifies what a significant change is, pretty much
lets us have this software in ports.  In particular this:

Basic changes that are needed to install or run the software on a target
platform, are insignificant.

---
Gary Jennejohn