Using shar with binary data

Jacob Myers jacob at whotookspaz.org
Mon Nov 30 04:57:39 UTC 2009

Curly Brace wrote:
> Hello all, I'm trying to submit a new port with which I've included a PNG
> image for the fd.o desktop entry. However, this file gets mangled by BSD
> shar and the supposedly binary-safe GNU shar from archivers/sharutils. What
> can I do to transmit this file safely with my PR?

The only thing I can think of is to try using converters/base64 to
convert the PNG file into an ASCII format, and instruct in your PR that
the PNG file is to be decoded from base64. Hope that helps.

--
Jacob Myers <Jacob at whotookspaz.org> | Website: http://whotookspaz.org
Network Admin, Wilcox Technologies  | Public key: 186A424A