Newbie question about additional documentation

David Fries djf at gmx.ch
Mon Nov 23 11:56:12 UTC 2009

Hi everybody

I started working on my first port (a Haskell cabal package) over the last weekend. I read the porter's handbook and then began by looking at similar ports that already existed in the ports collection (e.g. archivers/hs-zlib) to get a basic idea of what the port should look like. I noticed that the only documentation listed in pkg-plist of these ports is the LICENSE file. So pkg-plist looks something like this:

... other files..
%%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/LICENSE
%%PORTDOCS%%@dirrm %%DOCSDIR%%
... @exec/@unexec...

However, when you install the port (assuming NOPORTDOCS is not set), a HTML documentation will also be generated by the Haskell compiler and put into %%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/html/*. So my question is, is it ok to omit these html files in the pkg-plist? I thought, you should list those too...

regards,
David