FreeBSD Port: gcc-4.4.3.20091117

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sun Nov 22 14:31:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Douglas Thrift wrote:
> I'm currently working with a friend on a new project
> (http://www.cycript.org/) that uses Objective-C++ for its bindings to
> GNUstep. Would it be possible to add a knob or something to the gcc
> ports to enable Objective-C++ support?

The best approach would be checking with upstream why Objective-C (and
Objective-C++) are not enabled by default on FreeBSD, which I believe
is a change from earlier versions.  Loren, do you know?

In general, I'd be open to add something to the lang/gcc45 (preferred
initially) and lang(gcc44 ports if you'd like to suggest a patch, Douglas.

Gerald
--
Gerald (Jerry) Pfeifer   gerald at pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/