RFC: svn for make fetch

Wesley Shields wxs at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 13 01:10:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:28:17PM +0200, Eitan Adler wrote:
> Alright - I updated the wiki page to summarize the thread so far.
> I'd appreciate if people could comment on the "spec" part
> specifically. I'd like to see that section become much more specific
> (so that I could use it to unambiguously write something based off of
> it)
>
> I'm holding off on writing any new implementations at the moment to
> see where things head in terms of how things should be done.
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/EitanAdler/ports-svn

Why only SVN? I'm not trying to be picky but if we start supporting this
for SVN it's very easy to argue we should support it for some other VCS.
Personally I think this kind of thing is best left up to the maintainer
to use his/her custom scripts and not stuff support for it into the
ports infrastructure.

-- WXS