security/gnupg installing pth-2.0.7 causing problems

Jun Kuriyama kuriyama at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 12 23:47:48 UTC 2009

2009/11/9 David Southwell <david at vizion2000.net>:
>> 2009/11/8 David Southwell <david at vizion2000.net>:
> What puzzles me is why the gnupg maintainer is sooooooooo reluctant to provide
> alternative options to using pth when there are both system libraries and
> libpthread-stubs-0.1 available as an alternative.  Dependencuy upon
> libpthread-stubs-0.1 enables gnupg to function without causing unnecessary
> problems. My understand is the pth was written for those systems which do not
> have alternative  libraries for handling threads.

My understanding is, stock gnupg dist depends on pth (even if
described as optional).

It seems using libpthread-stubs needs to modify configure script.  Do you have a
patch for this?

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama at FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project
         <kuriyama at s2factory.co.jp> // S2 Factory, Inc.