New port: sysutils/megacli waiting to commit

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed Nov 11 17:22:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 01:06:26PM -0500, Sean McAfee wrote:
> What's the ports@ policy for things like this?  I know I'm pretty peeved
> that openntpd was pushed to 4.x, which requires >7.

In a perfect world, I'd prefer for someone to fix the newer port on 6.
However, it's fair to note that 6 is only a year away from secteam EOL
(6.3 in January, 6.4 in November) and not much development is going on
there.  So, I think it's fair to ask maintainers to keep things working
on 7 and 8, and 6 only if they have time.  (Ports on -HEAD currently need
a lot of work, too.)

mcl