FreeBSD Port: databases/sqlite3

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Mon Nov 9 22:54:26 UTC 2009

On Mon, November 9, 2009 4:29 pm, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems that a recent version of sqlite3 has gained a build dependency on
> TCL. How can i build this port without TCL? Sqlite3-3.6.14.2 did not
> require this. The TCL wrapper is disabled in the make config.
>
> Thanks.

After further research, it appears that the distribution that the port
uses requires TCL to build, I'm guessing this is a recent change.

---
SQLite does not require TCL to run, but a TCL installation is required
by the makefiles.  SQLite contains a lot of generated code and TCL is
used to do much of that code generation.  The makefile also requires
AWK.
---

I downloaded the sqlite-amalgamation-3.6.20.tar.gz distribution and i was
able to compile this one without TCL, a simple ./configure && make did the
job.