Portmaster with package support ready for beta testing

Michel Talon talon at lpthe.jussieu.fr
Sun Nov 8 22:36:38 UTC 2009

Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>I take a quick look at the code and I have one question. Can you explain
>way --no-deps and --force are used for pkg_add?

I can only venture an explanation. Once you have computed a good order
for upgrading via packages, you cannot accept that pkg_add ruins your
computation by doing things on its own. In principle you have a
global view of the problem, which is better than the local view embedded
in each package. Hence forcing pkg_add is the only sane way.

--

Michel TALON