linux-f8-pango - fix or replacement?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Nov 8 08:09:50 UTC 2009

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using the linux-f8 ports on FreeBSD 7.2-stable (mainly to get
> linux-flashplugin to work).
> However linux-f8-pango have an open security issue (and have had for some
> time now).
> There is no update of linux-f8-pango (not yet anyway) in the ports tree.
>
> Can I replace it with something else? (but without changing all ports to
> linux-f10)

Unfortunately the only thing that can provide what linux-pango does is
another version of linux-pango.

No -- you'ld have to change the linux-base port and all other linux ports to
the f10 version if you wanted to use linux-f10-pango-1.22.3.  linux_base-f10-10_2
seems to work OK for me on 7.2-STABLE, at least for providing flashplayer
and acrobat8.

However, it won't help in your aim of trying to get a vulnerability free
linux-pango:

% portaudit linux-f10-pango-1.22.3
Affected package: linux-f10-pango-1.22.3
Type of problem: pango -- integer overflow.
Reference: <http://portaudit.FreeBSD.org/4b172278-3f46-11de-becb-001cc0377035.html>

1 problem(s) found.

	Cheers,

	Matthew