FreeBSD Port: php5-5.2.11_1 upgrade path to 5.3.0/1

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 6 17:41:46 UTC 2009

Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Even if there are just a "few" incompatibilities, it means some clients
> applications on webhosting will stop working and clients will scream on
> helpline right after the update of the servers PHP...

Sounds like you're familiar with the problems, why don't you volunteer
to maintain the 5.2.x set of ports after a fork? Now both problems are
solved. :)

And yes, I'm serious, assuming that there will be updates in the 5.2.x
series that users will need. If not, simply not updating their
existing ports is a reasonable solution.

Doug