Fixing multimedia/audacious upgrade

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Mon May 25 21:40:44 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com> wrote:
>    Just as a note, if you upgrade multimedia/audacious and you run
> into the following error:
>
> $ audacious2
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libaudclient.so.1" not found,
> required by "audacious2"
>
>    Deinstall and recompile audacious and it should work (at least it
> did for me).
> HTH,
> -Garrett

    I'm not sure if it's just me, but this port is really unstable.
Whenever I exit it goes full tilt now with 2.x. Is this true for other
folks?
    BTW, you should deinstall and reinstall
multimedia/audacious-plugins instead of just doing a straight upgrade
because it picks up the wrong libraries and when DBUS support is
enabled it fails to contact the audacious client (the core app), and
just sits there...
Thanks,
-Garrett