MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE (some more ports)

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:27:57 UTC 2009

On Monday 25 May 2009 17:14:01 Pav Lucistnik wrote:

> > > Seems correct. But explain again, why you need this change?
> >
> > Not all ports use make but are concurrent capable and require different
> > arguments to be passed which is why I needed to expose MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER
> > (since it is just a number) and why _MAKE_JOBS was not an option.
>
> Ok, how about doing a dirty hack and using ${_MAKE_JOBS:C/-j//} ?
> Then we wouldn't have to modify bsd.port.mk ..

That will work in the ooo3 case however in the ooo2 case it does condition on
its value (so at the very least the code will need to be shifted to the pre
section of the Makefile).

On an aside, if quite a few ports all require this 'hack' (and in the ooo2
case a further hack) shouldn't it be in a central location?  [I have no idea
on the number though]