Force rebuild/reinstall dependent ports

Marcin Rzepecki m.rzepecki at iem.pw.edu.pl
Sat May 23 23:46:52 UTC 2009

Hello,
I have some questions about port dependencies. Let's take
for example following situation:

I have dovecot and dovecot-managesieve installed.
Today a new version of Dovecot showed up, so i'm upgrading it:
# make -C /usr/port/mail/dovecot
It builds ok, so i'm reinstalling port:
# make -C /usr/port/mail/dovecot deinstall install clean

Everything is ok, but now, when restarting i'm getting in log file:

# May 24 01:10:59 vm01 dovecot: Fatal: managesieve-login: Dovecot version
mismatch: Master is v1.1.15, login is v1.1.14 [...]

I have to rebuild dovecot-managesieve with newer dovecot support, it's
clear for me and it works after that.
But why won't port do this automatically? Is there a way to force it
before installing updated port version?

Cheers,

--
Marcin Rzepecki