port net/openldap24-sasl-client fails to register as dependency

Panagiotis Christias p.christias at noc.ntua.gr
Fri May 22 12:42:33 UTC 2009

Boris Samorodov wrote:
> On Fri, 22 May 2009 06:08:58 +0300 Panagiotis Christias wrote:
>
>> Ok, then how about dropping the net/openldap24-sasl-client port and
>> adding an SASL OPTIONS entry to the net/openldap24-client port, like
>> the server port?
>
> Then those who use packages will loose a possibility to use
> "pkg_add -r".

Yes, this is the problem with packages like net/openldap24-server,
mail/sendmail but at least they do not break the dependency chain which
I consider fundamental. On the other hand, the possibility to use
"pkg_add -r" is an additional desired feature, but, never the less, a
feature.

Regards,
Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
p.christias at noc.ntua.gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE