[Call For Testing] VirtualBox for FreeBSD!

Artem Belevich fbsdlist at src.cx
Thu May 14 21:51:34 UTC 2009

Few more notes from -CURRENT/amd64

* VirtualBox needs /proc mounted, otherwise it fails to start.
* Kernel module must be loaded with "kldload vboxdrv"

  In my case, I de see bunch of relocation errors on the console,
though the module does load:

kldload: unexpected relocation type 10
kldload: unexpected relocation type 10
kldload: unexpected relocation type 10
kldload: unexpected relocation type 10
kldload: unexpected relocation type 10
kldload: unexpected relocation type 10
kldload: unexpected relocation type 10
kldload: unexpected relocation type 10
kldload: unexpected relocation type 10
kldload: unexpected relocation type 10
kldload: unexpected relocation type 10
kldload: unexpected relocation type 10
vboxdrv: fAsync=0 offMin=0xb25 offMax=0x39a8

* Attempt to boot new VM (64-bit FreeBSD) from -current snapshot DVD
ISO results in an error:

Failed to start the virtual machine FreeBSD.
Failed to load VMMR0.r0 (VERR_SYMBOL_VALUE_TOO_BIG).
Unknown error creating VM (VERR_SYMBOL_VALUE_TOO_BIG).

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: Console
Interface: IConsole {a7f17a42-5b64-488d-977b-4b2c639ada27}

* Subsequent attempts to start VM result in an error message that
kernel module is not present, even though kldstat shows it just fine.

Any suggestions on how to make it work?

--Artem