octave forge update issues

Maho NAKATA chat95 at mac.com
Sat May 9 00:47:22 UTC 2009

From: Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen at missouri.edu>
Subject: octave forge update issues
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 17:40:18 -0500

> I am the octave-forge maintainer.
>
> The octave forge source files have been updated.  Quite a few of the
> new source packages require octave-devel (3.1.55) instead of octave
> itself.  I am not quite sure what to do.  I was hoping some end users
> could give me their opinion.  Here are some options:
>
> 1.  Leave it all alone until octave catches up to octave-devel.
+1

I'd like to leave octave-devel port as leaf ports as
if some conflict can happen.

> 2.  Make octave-forge pull in octave-devel as a dependency instead of
> octave.

Some may want to test some of new octave-forge packages
so is it possible to add some knob so that user can select
which one to depend?

Best,
-- Nakata Maho http://accc.riken.jp/maho/ , http://ja.openoffice.org/
   Nakata Maho's PGP public keys: http://accc.riken.jp/maho/maho.pgp.txt