REQUEST FOR TESTERS: `devel/mingw32-gcc'

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Sat Mar 28 18:52:56 PDT 2009

Coleman Kane wrote:

>>>   http://lev.serebryakov.spb.ru/download/port-mingw32-gcc-4.2.0.tar.gz

> I haven't seen any activity on the above email, and I am curious if:
>  1) It was missed (and this really does affect people)
>  2) Nobody cross-compiles using the mingw32-* ports (it is really very
> handy!)
>  3) Nobody really cares that mingw32-gcc will move from 3.4.5 --> 4.2.0
>
> Please, if this affects you test out the above port tarball! Otherwise,
> this will end up going in and not take into account any problems that
> might arise in your environment.

Sorry, I missed the previous emails.

The new mingw32-gcc seems to work flawlessly in my environment.  I have
found the mingw32-gcc port (a) very useful and (b) extremely impressive.
  Thanks.

uname -a
FreeBSD laptop3.gateway.2wire.net 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #0:
Sun Feb 22 14:13:38 CST 2009
stephen at laptop3.gateway.2wire.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LAPTOP3  amd64

Software compiled:
http://www.math.missouri.edu/~stephen/software/spherical/