HEADS UP multi processor compilations for everyone

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Fri Mar 27 05:49:52 PDT 2009

* Pav Lucistnik (pav at FreeBSD.org) wrote:

> > second
> > also improves MAKE_JOBS_* handling, shortening it a bit and exposing
> > MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER to the ports, so it can be used for other build systems
> > without having to parse out -j from _MAKE_JOBS (and defaults to 1 if
> > jobs support is disabled).
>
> This one I cannot accept, because it adds back != call I made a big
> effort to avoid. We can't have one != call per port during building

Understood. I still think it'd be nice to expose number of jobs as a
plain number to the ports.

> > Also, [ x != x${BUILD_FAIL_MESSAGE} ] thing seems to be a bit unsafe,
> > and inconsistent to IGNORE/BROKEN/... vars, in which we don't use
> > quotes.
>
> It's consistent with CONFIGURE_FAIL_MESSAGE. Why are you removing the
> parenthesis around the ${ECHO_CMD} ${BUILD_FAIL_MESSAGE}, BTW?
> Because they are present in do-configure target too - should they be
> removed there too?

I just didn't like them :) Are they really needed around single command?

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru