HEADS UP multi processor compilations for everyone

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:28:51 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru> wrote:
> * Pav Lucistnik (pav at FreeBSD.org) wrote:
>
> Btw, this change broke build failures. If vendor's make fails,
> .build_done.xxx._usr_local is still created in work and $? = 0 as if it
> have succeeded.

    Another thing that may have failed to have been mentioned earlier:
if a python package uses easy_install, there's a potential for
corrupted data and missing install registries, so everything that uses
easy_install cannot be parallelized at this time. This is a bug in
easy_install that I need to provide a quick hack to fix upstream
because it's affecting my group at Cisco right now too.
Thanks,
-Garrett