FreeBSD Port: xview-clients-3.2.1_3

Giuseppe Pagnoni gpagnoni at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 08:12:05 PDT 2009

Dear port maintainers,

I am running FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE-p4 on an i386 machine and I am unable
to use applications that depend on xview.  For example, when I try to
run "clock", I get:

Assertion failed: (ret != inval_id), function _XAllocID, file
xcb_io.c, line 378.
Abort

and I get the same error for any other application using xview.

I have updated the installed software to the latest (as of today)
version of the ports tree, and I have also run the following command
listed in /usr/ports/UPDATING:

   portupgrade -rf libxcb

but to no avail.

I have also googled the error message, but the only link that comes up
is in Japanese....

Any suggestions?

thank you very much in advance

--