Samba3 + Jails in FreeBSD

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 17:13:35 PDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Felipe Carlo <felipe.cts1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/18 Scot Hetzel <swhetzel at gmail.com>
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Felipe Carlo <felipe.cts1 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have one problem with Samba in a Jail.
>> >
>> > When I try to start the samba I have this message:
>> >
>> > # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh start
>> > %%WINBIND%%#: not found
>> > %%WINBIND%%#winbindd_enable=YES: not found
>> > .: Can't open %%RC_SUBR%%: No such file or directory
>> >

>> The %%WINBIND%% and %%RC_SUBR%% are supposed to be replaced with real
>> values when the net/samba3 port is installed.
>>
>> How did you install the samba.sh file?
>>
> I made the instalation with ports (make, make install, make clean) and I
> tested two version of Samba, the 3.0.x and the 3.3.x both japanese versions
> and every these I had the same problem, the samba.sh file I moved to
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d. Could be any wrong config in smb.conf ?? Because I
> didnt make much changes in the smb.conf.

You shouldn't needed to install the samba.sh file, as it gets
installed by these ports as /usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba

Try this,

cd /usr/ports/net/samba3
make -V SUB_LIST

It should show the value of the SUB_LIST variable and should have
these values defined:

.... RC_SUBR="/etc/rc.subr" WINBIND="" ....

If you don't see these values, then your /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.ports.mk is
either too old or broken.

Scot