mtools vs X11 (Re: FreeBSD Port: syslinux-3.72)

Steven Kreuzer skreuzer at exit2shell.com
Fri Mar 20 17:06:50 PDT 2009

On Mar 20, 2009, at 6:15 PM, Michel Talon wrote:

> Steven Kreuzer wrote:
>
>> Can we consider people who use the CLI an advanced user? If so, the
>> expectation that they will be able to build a port with -DWITHOUT_X11
>> is not unreasonable.
>> People who are more likely to use the GUI are the ones who will not
>> be
>> aware of the WITHOUT_X11 knob.
>
> And the end user who uses prepackaged packages will get mtools with
> a totally useless GUI. I have hard time beleiving you are not trolling
> with such theories.

As I said in a previous email, you are more then welcome to fork the
port
and modify it in whatever way you please. When you do so, open a PR
and I will gladly commit it for you.

Take a look at net/cvsup and net/cvsup-without-gui if you need
inspiration

--
Steven Kreuzer
http://www.exit2shell.com/~skreuzer