Port Request: gluster

Pathiakis, Paul Paul.Pathiakis at ironmountain.com
Mon Mar 16 06:16:15 PDT 2009

Pretty rough actually.

I'm still trying to get replication understood/working.

They provide lots of "file" examples, but I would like more of a "theory/application" type of documentation.

There should be a header at the beginning of their pages that say:

These files allow directory /x/y/z on server 01 to be replicated to /mnt/x/y/z on server 02.

The differences in the files do these things:  At line <#> ......

Also, preparation for the mount points (chmod 1777 <mount> ) is covered elsewhere.

It seems that they really need to take a breath, standardize their documentation process.  They need to put line numbers in on the "files" and explain what the block does and what some of the more interesting bits do.

Also, servers talking to each other is great and the HA possibility is also.  However, again, the documentation is lacking.

Anyhow, charging forward.  I hope to have something that works soon.  I'm close and it is pretty slick on how to build things and layer functionality.

P.

Paul Pathiakis
UNIX/Linux Systems Engineer
Iron Mountain Digital
120 Turnpike Rd.
Southborough, MA 01772

Microsoft - Where do you want to go today?
Linux - Where do you want to go tomorrow?
FreeBSD - Will you guys come on already?