Testers for graphics/blender with OPTION knobs

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:42:23 PDT 2009

Hi Marcus,

2009/3/13 Marcus von Appen <mva at freebsd.org>:
> Hi,
>
> it took some time, but finally graphics/blender got a lot of options to
> configure. Those enable users to tweak it to their personal needs and
> hopefully will allow graphics/blender to run on more platforms.
>
> Especially users of non-i386 platforms are invited to test the different
> options as some of the earlier dependencies, which had and have certain
> requirements, can be disabled now.
>
> A patch is attached and feedback highly welcome.

make config looks really promising. I configured graphics/blender with
the following options:

[X] DDS       DDS file format support
[X] FFMPEG    Audio and video support using ffmpeg
[X] FREETYPE  Improved font rendering support
[ ] ICONV     Iconv support for localisation (only with NLS)
[ ] KETSJI    Build GameEngine and BlenderPlayer
[ ] NLS       Native language support
[X] OCFLAGS   Optimized Cflags
[ ] OPENAL    3D sound support using OpenAL
[X] OPENEXR   High dynamic-range (HDR) support using OpenEXR
[ ] OPENMP    Parallel processing support
[ ] VERSE     Shared networking support using Verse

The install fails with the following error message:

===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if graphics/blender already installed
install: /usr/ports/graphics/blender/work/blender-2.48a/obj/freebsd-7.1-i386/bin/blenderplayer:
No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/blender.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/blender.

Looks as if the make install doesn't handle the new config properly.

Regards
Christian