SDL / Pulseaudio

Andre Heider a.heider at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:57:51 PST 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org> wrote:

> This only works with procfs mounted on /proc, but given that many GNOME
> components already require this, it's probably not a big deal here.

It does, and the right way would be to add a fallback string or
something, so the issue is fixed for every other platform out there.
I'm not even sure if this should be fixed in pulseaudio itself, but at
least the current version abort()s if the passed app name is NULL and
using PULSE_SERVER.

> One thing I've done in console-kit, for example, is to print a message
> when procfs is not mounted.  Perhaps something could be added in SDL as
> well if the fopen() fails.

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not even sure what that string is
used for - apart from the visible entry in apps like pavucontrol.

Regards,
Andre