Xfce 4.6 - what changes are needed?

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Tue Mar 3 21:50:46 PST 2009

Hi Torfinn,

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:

> When I did 'startxfce4' after the upgrade, all my icons in the panel
> was gone. I had to add them manually. Is that how it should be?

Unfortunally yes - I told them quite some times before the final release
and all the xfce guys told me was "use another icon theme". I then made
the Tango theme a build dependency and changed the default xml files
delivery by xfce4-conf to select this icon theme. When you have already
an installation, you have probably still Rodent configured which is gone
now. Please call the Settings Manager, Choose "Appearance", The icon tab
and then select "Tango" as Icon theme. This will bring you most of the
icons back (not all of course...).

> Another example, xfce4-mixer claims that my sound card is "Unknown
> (OSS Mixer)", is that correct?

This is correct.

> And the cpugraph plugin crashes (signal 11) when you try to add it to
> the panel, is somebody working on a fix?

I don't.

I hope you've read the text I output on x11-wm/xfce4 installation about
configuring PolicyKit as well for having the ability to reboot/shutdown
the system from inside xfce4.

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/