restart a script in etc/rc.d

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:10:03 PST 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> I have "on my list" making this pidfile assignment internal to rc.subr
> and therefore removing one more bullet from the foot-shooting gun, but
> that would only help people who have the latest version of rc.subr,
> which means that even if I fix it today we will still have to support
> properly setting pidfile in the scripts for years (and versions of
> FreeBSD) to come. Thus it's in the "less urgent" category.

Actually, we have a way to fix the problem today.  There exists the
sysutils/rc_subr port.  It's use was to help in migrating the rc.d
scripts while providing backward compatibility for older systems.

All that needs to be done is to update the sysutils/rc_subr port to
use the latest rc.subr script, and then revert the USE_RC_SUBR changes
make to bsd.port.mk in revisions 1.554 and 1.555 in bsd.port.mk.

I have submitted this PR to revert this change:

Scot