Updating HPLIP port

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 17:03:38 UTC 2009

Currently, the port version of HPLIP is 2.8.2, released on 02-09-2008.
The current version is: 3.9.4b, released on 04-29-2009. It supports
many additional features and corrects several bug in the older versions.

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/release_notes.html

This is the tenth version released since the version presently in the
ports tree. I have tried contacting the port maintainer,
amistry at am-productions.biz however, he is probably busy since I have
not heard from him.

Is it possible that someone might be interested in updating this port.

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/downloads.html

I tried it myself; however, it complains about a missing file. I
probably need automake or something; however, my skills are not that
sophisticated.

Thanks!

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Matrimony isn't a word, it's a sentence.