acroread9 crashes after maybe 10 seconds of operation.

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 17 16:50:21 UTC 2009

Hiroki Sato <hrs at freebsd.org> wrote
  in <20090617.141203.07900852.hrs at allbsd.org>:

hr> Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> wrote
hr>   in <18997.22089.242834.29735 at jerusalem.litteratus.org>:
hr> ro> 	Um.
hr> ro> 	Are there plans to get it to work with something more recent?
hr> ro> I was under the (uninformed) impression linux_base-fc-4 was, ah,
hr> ro> workable but no longer favored.
hr>
hr>  The ports collection still assumes fc4 as the default, so I think it
hr>  is the primary target.
hr>
hr>  Anyway, I will try other configurations including one in your report.
hr>  I guess the issue is due to some incomplete (or not-fully-compatible)
hr>  compat-layer implementations of features available in Linux 2.6.x.

 I could reproduce the symptom (RSException), but this has also been
 reported on Linux: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1931692.  The
 release note of 9.1.2 says it is solved but it remains as far as I
 can check.

 BTW, could you give it a try to set sysctl
 compat.linux.osrelease=2.4.2 and let me know if it works or not?

-- Hiroki