VirtualBox regression in the ports tree

Richard Kuhns rjk at wintek.com
Tue Jun 16 14:38:01 UTC 2009

Martin Wilke wrote:

>    http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/vbox/virtualbox_6.tgz
>
>  Happy Testing!

This worked perfectly when built and installed under 7.2-STABLE (i386) as of a
couple of days ago.

I just uninstalled it, and built and installed VirtualBox in the ports tree. My
machine paniced when I tried to kldload vboxdrv (running X, so I couldn't see
the message(s)). I loaded vboxdrv from the boot loader when rebooting; no
problem there, but when I started a virtual machine the virtual console stayed
black. The VM itself ran fine, however.

I didn't have vboxdrv.ko loaded when doing any of the builds, by the way.

I'm now going to try to revert to the previous installation.

I'll be happy to run any tests requested; thanks again for all the work!

	- Rich

--
Richard Kuhns                   Wintek Corporation
E-mail: rjk at wintek.com          427 N 6th Street STE C