Fwd: gnome-screensaver wirdness

Iván Zaera Avellón izaera at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:49:30 UTC 2009

Hi all:

I sent this mail to Dmitry yesterday but got no confirmation from him,
so I'm sending it again to the list. I have googled a bit and some
Linux distro have also this problem (at least Kubuntu, Debian and
OpenSUSE that I know).

Can anybody experiencing the problem try to change the screensaver to
a non-OpenGL and try again. Also I remember that, although the lock
dialog didn't appear, I could type my password and unlock the screen.

If you confirm this error I'm afraid the problem is in the original
code for X11 or OpenGL or the screensavers, in which case it wouldn't
be a FreeBSD only problem and would have to be corrected in the
upstream code.

Regards,
Ivan