porting: Linux to Freebsd

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Tue Jun 9 15:29:50 UTC 2009

Alexander Leidinger writes:
>  > 	Quick checking suggests libttf is a Linux-ism, replaced by
>  > libfreetype.  Is this correct, and if so can I just (temporarily)
>  > make the change in the list of libraries?
>
>  Why not just try it?
>
>  Note, there is/was freetype1 and freetype2...

	True.  I only have freetype2 installed; we'll see if that does
the trick.
	Um - looks like not.  Installing freetype1.
	AH-hah.  print/freetype2 installs libfreetype; print/freetype
installs libttf.  That fixed it.

	The program compiles and installs.
	Before running (for which I may be back for more help) I'm
going to re-initialize the code base and check to make sure my
change notes work.

	Profuse thanks to everyone for the help.

					Robert Huff