[MAINTAINER] devel/apr-gdbm-db42: apr-util 1.3.7 breaks dbd support

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Tue Jun 9 08:03:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 03:35 -0400, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> Excellent, Bojan, now I've got the history and why, and understand
> whats happened.  I don't think teaching subversion about this fact
> will be sufficient --
>
> There are over 56 apps in the freebsd ports tree with over 900 depends
> that this breaks as is, though most of which indirectly depend on
> subversion.

So, there are apps out there that specifically depend on -ldb being
returned by apu-1-config? Can you give me an example so that I can get
my head around this better?

PS. Subversion itself depends on Berkeley DB directly, not through APU,
so passing that to ./configure there should be sufficient to build it.
At least it worked for me (although the syntax of the argument itself
can be daunting:
--with-berkeley-db=db.h:/path/to/includedir:/path/to/libdir:db).

--
Bojan