emulators/kqemu-kmod-devel: Exec format error

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sat Jun 6 17:15:16 UTC 2009

In article <20090604211814.d065d4a7.dgerow at afflictions.org> you write:
>kqemu-kmod-devel is failing to load for me:
>
>-----
># kldload kqemu
>kldload: can't load kqemu: Exec format error
>#
>-----

Weird.  Anything in dmesg?

>It's been about a month since I last used qemu, and my kernel is -CURRENT from 2009/05/19.  Because I'd upgraded my kernel since last using qemu, I re-compiled kqemu-kmod-devel, which upgraded me from 1.4.0.p1_2 to 1.4.0.p1_3, and now I can't load kqemu.
>
>I don't see anything in UPDATING, nor have I changed anything that might affect the build (make.conf is still the same).  I've since completely removed my kqemu install, and re-installed it, but that hasn't helped.
>
>Something else I've missed?

 You say your kernel is -CURRENT from 2009/05/19, is your userland also
in sync with that?  What do
	ident /usr/include/sys/param.h
	grep define.__FreeBSD_version /usr/include/sys/param.h
say?

 Btw I just built the port in 8.0-HEAD-20090605-JPSNAP/i386 and was
able to kldload it just fine.  (Didn't test whether it actually runs
since this is in a vm already, tho I'd be surprised if not...)

 HTH,
	Juergen